Tumpane Public School Advisory Council Minutes
|Date: 28th May, 2020
|Time: 7:00 p.m.
|Location: Online – Google Meet
||Attendees: 22 Present
Tumpane and TDSB Staff
|Elizabeth Schaeffer (Principal),
Genevieve Robinson (Vice-Principal) ,
Suzanne Cardarelli (FDK),
||Simone and Tammy (Co-Chairs),
Headley (Fundraising Rep),
CALL TO ORDER
With a majority of the attendees present, the Principal and Co-Chairs called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. Attendees were invited to introduce themselves.
- CSW UPDATE
- PRINCIPALS UPDATE
- Summer School: to be handled online for Summer 2020
- Devices: only about 5 kids who haven’t received it. To be received shortly (delivery, etc.)
- Graduation online: in the works. To email Schaeffer to join the committee (Schaeffer/givens)
- Grade 5 parents will get email soon
- Welcome to JK presentation for JK + SK kids for incoming parents
- Dress code: in a year to do a vote….. but due to format, we would need a public mtg.
- NEED TO POSTPONE until we postpone
- Snack program - $40k remaining in budget. Reports conducted for 2021 + grants + supporting JK
- Scheduled time to retrieve items (before June 26) – more info to follow
- Teachers will package all items for the parents
- Sept 2020 – to be determined with public health and province. Online learning till June.
- Report cards format to be shared soon (i.e. format). Marking for SECOND TERM ONLY.
- Violin group – to be notified.
- Grade 5 photos – edge to drop photos at school
- balance $4648.64
- move-a-thon, $7571.80 = $12,220.34
- expenses: $4378.37
- balance: $7841.97 as of April 30
- SAC UPDATE
- for 2021: fundraising – Pasternak: walk thru has been postponed
- Headley - grants: best buy has been postponed. There are grants that Tumpane would qualify
- Schaeffer - Indigo grant: hopefully we’re hear soon (waiting on indigo and Ms Gianetta)
- Outdoor spaces at Tumpane to be reviewed. Reaching out to facilities. Managed to get a date to have it online. Monday June 8 th at 230pm. working with the facilities team and architect to see what can be done in the community. TDSB will look at funding to see what they can provide (i.e. drainage, etc.). Then WE have to decide how we have to advocate. ACT: Please email Elizabeth if parents want to be involved.
- Simone - fundraising options. For 2020/2021 – so many question marks in terms of planning something.
- T-shirt idea, etc.
- Most group ideas may not be good at this point.
- Demand for technology was more than the supply.
- ROUND TABLE
- Question for Parminder: PRO Grant – trustees have the funds and the events were put on hold.
- Grade 5 transition info – Beverly heights. They plan on having an online event. Tentative with Pierre Laporte
- All students will be moving on!
- Start times: changed 915 -330 (lunch 45 mins)
- Staffing: lost 1 FI +support staff, lunch supervisor, 2 teachers going on leave
- Enrollment low for 2021
There being no other business the meeting was adjourned at 8:25 p.m.
Enjoy the Summer